Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Training: Day 58, 59

Tuesday was a rest day. I was extremely tired. This darn cold sure is getting old. I seem to cough a lot. I wonder if it will ever go away.

Wednesday I slept in till about 10 am. And yet I was tired all day. I think my body just can't recover from late nights now that I am in my 30's as well as it could when I was in my early 20's. Especially with a cold. My late nights were with my family in town, not out partying. I don't do that. This evening I was sitting at the kitchen counter and just fell asleep. I was contemplating not running because I was so tired and still coughing like crazy. But Jeff finally got up and ran, so I decided I really needed to as well. So when Jeff got back, off I went. Today's run was supposed to be 30 minutes. I ran for about 13 1/2 minutes and then got a cramp in my side that just wouldn't go away. So I walked until my iPod beeped at me letting me know it had been 15 minutes. That is when I turn around. So I turned around and started running. The cramp came back, but I decided to just keep running. It eventually got better, although it never went away completely. I was still pretty far from the house when the 15 minute timer went off again, signaling the end of my run. I decided to make up for the walking in the middle and set it for 2 more minutes to finish off my run. I made it a few paces past my house when it went off. I am not looking forward to the 40 minute run on Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment