Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Training: Day 45

I think I can, I think I can, I think I can, I think I can....
I ran for 20 minutes tonight! Okay, more like the slowest jog ever for 20 minutes, but it's a start! I can't believe I did it! I was really feeling like I couldn't do it. I could only manage 5 minutes at a time last week. I think the key was slowing down. I paced myself with music on the iPod.
I started out thinking I would just try to run for the first 10 minutes. Then, when I had run for just over 9 minutes I turned around. I knew I would be slower coming back. I told myself I would just keep going as long as I could and walk the rest of the way home. I made it all the way back.
This is making me feel like I actually can do this. I think that was part of what kept me from going out on Monday. I felt like I couldn't do it, so the cold weather just gave me an excuse. That is why I am wanting a treadmill. Then I won't have any weather excuses. It would just be for part of the time. Outdoor training is probably the best. I am going to look at a used one tomorrow. We'll see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment