Sunday, January 10, 2010

Training: Week 3

Monday we were still recovering from our long drive back from L.A. We arrived home at 4 am. So I didn't get my walk/run in that day. This week was a 25 minute walk/run.

Wednesday I struggled to get dressed in my workout clothes. Jeff practically had to drag me off the couch. But it got done. And it wasn't so bad.

Thursday I struggled again. What is it about working out that is so difficult? I was not enjoying it at all. Usually once I get going it isn't so bad.

Saturday Jeff didn't have to drag me off the couch! I walked for 3 minutes, ran 1 1/2, walked 3, ran 5, walked 3, ran 1 1/2, walked 3, ran 2 1/2 and walked for the final 2 1/2 minutes. Yeah, that is 25 minutes. I am proud of my 5 minute stretch. Much better than week 3 last year! Remember, I just had a baby 6 weeks ago and haven't run for 9 months. I feel like I am making real progress. Maybe by the end of next week I'll be able to run for 10 minutes?

No comments:

Post a Comment