Thursday, March 26, 2009

Training: Day 100, 101

Tuesday was a rest day.
Wednesday I ran with my brother's fiance, Kelly. We ran two miles. I still struggle. Anything over a mile is really pushing me. I can do it, but I am struggling internally the whole time! What is my issue? I think I am going to stick with 2-3 miles for a bit, until it gets a little easier. I mean, I am at a 5K now! I know I can make it through one at the very least. I am still working toward longer runs, but I guess I have to start somewhere. I have fallen quite behind in my half marathon training! I think we might have to reassess my goal. I still plan to do the half marathon, but it might end up that I walk some or all of it. I guess we will have to see how it goes. I am not giving up yet. And just because I don't meet my original goal this time, it doesn't mean I can't do it next year! Everyone kind of thought I was crazy for trying for a half marathon. Most of the people I know are starting with a 5K, then a 10K. I guess I just wanted to go for the gusto. Maybe it will just have to take a little longer to get there. And eventually maybe I can work up to that full marathon thing they have going on! We'll have to see about that one!

No comments:

Post a Comment