Saturday, January 16, 2010

Training: Week 4

This week's schedule called for a 30 minute walk/run.

Monday I ran for 6 1/2 minutes straight! I was hoping to work up to 10 minutes by the end of the week.
Wednesday I had a procedure and then didn't eat enough so I was too weak to work out. :( I am working on eating enough. It is hard when you are breastfeeding a 6 week old baby. I have to be sure to eat enough and not overdo it. Well, I will just stay more on top of things from here on out.
Thursday I got a call from a realtor and someone wanted to look at our house the next day. Sooo, that night- instead of working out- Jeff and I cleaned. And cleaned. And cleaned. (We got it all done at least.)

Saturday I told myself no excuses. I have plans for the night, so working out would have to be earlier in the day. Hmmm. Maybe I should do that every day. Then I don't have to worry about being weak at the end of a long day, or put it off to clean for a surprise walk through. Well, I did it. I got my run/walk in. And before 10 pm, no less! Its a miracle! I managed to run for 7 1/2 minutes straight this time. So hopefully I will be hitting 10 minutes this coming week.

By the way, this coming week I get to walk/run for 35 minutes! Yay me! I am not very good at this, but at least I am not quitting. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment